Archive

Total Pageviews (depressing, really)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Standards.

I hate standards.
People who use standards ofter have double standards.
Teachers give out grades with a standard good and bad scale, but spew fluff about how everyone is joyously unique (I am more than a little sick of this).
Everyone insists that to cut debt people need to pay more taxes and expect less from the government... except them.
Standards give people the idea of a "golden rule"; something that is never broken, something that is automatically present everywhere. First of all, this makes interacting with other cultures difficult (see: almost all of religious history), and second, it oversimplifies what really should be extremely complicated.
I like complicated. What else would make life interesting?
Air hugs for you all.
I will hopefully have a comic posted tomorrow, If I can win one battle with technology.
Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. You are right on the money! Why not stop living by the standards...? I too like complicated - nothing else would make life more exciting.
    I wish had a comic for this one.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say that I wish you had made a comic for this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete